IMPORTING IFC INTO REVIT
SETTING UP IFC OPTIONS
Before starting an IFC import, it is essential to create a Project-specific IFC import template. This should be a purged company Revit Master Coordinates template, with only the correct coordinate system defined.
For details of setting a coordinate system to an existing grid, refer to:
- Create a new Revit file.
- Select File > Open > IFC Options
Note: IFC Options is only available when a Revit file is open.
- Click Browse and navigate to the IFC Import RTE to set the Default Template for IFC Import.
- If there is a pre-defined Class Mapping TXT, click Load and navigate to the TXT file.
OPENING THE IFC
- Click File > Open > IFC, Select the required IFC file and click Open.
- Open an Elevation View to check the floor levels. The Levels may have shifted in the import process.
To correct any heights, click on the Level and edit the Elevation.
- Open a Plan View to check the coordinates. The coordinates may have shifted during the import process.
Use the Annotate tab > Dimensions > Spot Coordinate tool to verify coordinates at a known point.
- To correct the coordinates, use the Manage tab > Coordinates > Specify Coordinates at a Point This tool should only be used at a known point.
There are no reviews yet.