The Engineer magazine – in partnership with software firm Bluebeam – convened an expert panel to discuss the use of digital tools in the civil sector.
- Nigel Davies BIM consultant; director, Evolve Consultancy
- Neil Thompson, delivery manager, Digital Built Britain strategy, InnovateUK and digital transformation team, Civil Engineering and Advanced Technology, Atkins
- Richard Petrie, chief executive, BuildingSmart International
- Dr Jonathan Ingram, author of BIM systems, developer of Sonata 3D building design software
- James Chambers, general manager for US East Coast, Bluebeam
- Tristan McDonnell, director for infrastructure, Arup Associates
- Sasha Reed, vice-president for strategic development, Bluebeam
Along with most engineering sectors, the civil sector – its oldest, most visible and most traditional part – is increasingly embracing digital methods and tools. For this sector, one of the most important digital tools is Building Information Management (BIM)...
Read the full article here: https://www.theengineer.co.uk/civil-engineering-digital-solutions/